Pages

5.08.2011

Mother's Day Love

Happy Mother's Day to all of the Mommies and Mommy-figures out there!

Mine was a happy day filled with lots of love...started off with a nice hot shower, a chat with Mom on the phone, and then what may be my favorite breakfast of all, prepared by my loving and talented cook-of-a-husband...



Coconut French Toast with Tropical Fruit Salad.

So wonderfully yummy!  The sun was shining through our dining room doors making it feel all the more tropical, versus the feeling that we have been living in the frozen tundra or under a permanent black rain cloud.  Even if I am uncomfortable with my large belly, back pain, hip pain, heartburn, and miss my running regimen, it definitely perks the mood to have sunshine.

I didn't have to do dishes (thank you again, loving husband) so I gave loving daughter, Moira, a little manicure and pedicure.  I never saw a 2-year-old sit still for so long.




She is such a girly-girl sometimes.  And then...

Went for a nice little walk together around the neighborhood while loving husband did some yard stuff, knowing how much I long for a nice outdoor setting to spend my late-spring and summer days...

Enjoyed our new patio furniture while I (barely) reached my own toes to paint them...

Watched the Yankees win and taught loving daughter how to cheer (and yell) at the television during sporting events (which is usually a job reserved for loving husband)...

Got to pick out a new tree for our backyard, as well as a new bird feeder and perennial...

Had a simple grilled dinner followed by my most favorite treat...ice cream...from my most favorite ice cream
spot...

Ended the day with about one dozen repetitions of "Happy Mother's Day Mommy" from loving daughter as I put her to bed and the latest episode of Game of Thrones on HBO with loving husband.

*sigh of contentment*

And what for the loving Mothers and Grandmas?




 


Each one got their little love, captured, in an altered picture frame.  Did I ever mention that I love fabric rosettes?  Scrap fabric, beads, some hot glue and there-you-go.

Hope you all felt the love today!

:)
Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment