Pages

5.10.2011

A Coupla Shirt Refashions

I am getting into the home-stretch and running out of clothes to wear.

Home-stretch...that just rang funny to me, since I have 5 weeks to go until baby is due to arrive and my belly keeps stretching...and since my shirt refashions involve some nice, stretchy, long and lean tank tops from Target.

Love them...they cover my belly, I can wear them post-pregnancy, and they aren't as expensive as maternity wear, especially when you get them from the clearance section for a whopping 2 dollars each.


These were super easy to make, each one requiring 2 shirts that match.


Cut the bottom of one shirt into strips.  I cut the bottom hem off plus 3 strips.  (And I have a lot of the top left over after cutting...will do something with that another day.)




Create your crazy design, pin, and sew with a zig-zag stitch.


I really did make a sort of random design here...one strip twisted, folded, and turned for each side, plus one strip turned into a bow and sewn somewhere near the middle.

The second shirt was a little more "organized".  Cut the bottom hem and then 3 strips off the bottom again.  I made the strips thicker this time.


Create pleats, pin, and sew with a zig-zag stitch.


Add a little fancy flower.  I made this one by gathering a piece of the third strip of fabric, sewing the ends together to make a flower, tying a piece of the bottom hem I cut off into a knot, and stitching it to the middle.


Good thing you don't really need to be long and "lean" to wear these...they fit my growing baby bump just fine!

:)
Anne


Today's Creative Blog

5 comments:

  1. These are really cute. You could totally do this to any t-shirt. What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have totally given me inspiration to refashion my summer tee's. Thanks for the great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in love! Looks easy enough for me to make!

    ReplyDelete