Pages

3.26.2011

Eggs

I dedicate this blog post to Eggs


Right around the time I started my Easter Wreath a couple of weeks ago, I realized that I have plenty of fall decor; I have plenty of Christmas decor (of course); but poor Spring and Easter...I have a bin full of plastic eggs, a couple of baskets, and a cute ceramic bunny I made in a ceramics class with my mother when I was about six or so. I decided to add some more to my collection using what I had, and ended up with my cheap and easy Easter egg vase filler. Once I got started, I loved it so much I had to make a half-a-dozen more. Here is what I did:


I started with my plastic eggs and some twine from the Dollar Tree I had on hand. Starting at one end, I wrapped, glued, wrapped glued the twine around the egg. (I found that using a little hot glue at a time--say, one row--and starting at the skinny end of the egg was easiest and less
messy.)


Then I used some acrylic paint to color my eggs. (Again, I found it best to dab the paint on rather than brush it, but that is just personal preference.) That's it!



In the spirit of the honoring the incredible, edible egg (and after craving them at 3:00 am when I could not fall back asleep after settling a crying 2-year-old), this is what Moira and I had for breakfast.


I have made something like this before, equally as tasty. It is a great way to get some veggies and to use up some of the bunches and bunches of greens I get from our weekly crop share in the summer. Today I used swiss cheese. Other times I have used ricotta cheese. I brushed slices of wheat sourdough with olive oil, grilled them in a pan, topped it with cheese, the greens, and over easy eggs. That's it. So yummy! Now I need to make a sourdough starter so we can begin making our own sourdough bread.

And finally, the last egg-related item. Egg timers.


I would love to think that my two-year-old is a perfect angel, and that she does everything I ask when I ask it of her. But the reality is that she is two, testing, learning, testing, learning, etc. We have been using time-outs as the consequence for not listening to Mommy and Daddy (after about 3 times asking). In an effort to let Moira know when her sentence is up, we are implementing the egg timer. Finally went out and got one today! Now I just need to keep telling myself, "She is two, she is testing and learning, testing and learning."

:)
Anne

craft

No comments:

Post a Comment