Pages

8.13.2009

Farmers' Market and First Link

If I could have any job in the World, I would want to be paid to taste food. Even though it was a hectic day from the moment I woke up, there were lots of yummy things in my day...starting with making my Italian-style greens to bring to the hubby at work for lunch. Sooo good, it is a wonder I don't make them more often (oh, yeah...time).

A trip to the Downtown Buffalo Farmers' Market resulted in the purchase of a huge bag of fresh Kettle Korn, 2 pints of the best blueberries I have ever had, plums, apricots, zucchini, and a loaf of Garlic Herb Bread (to go with the greens, of course). I ate so much Kettle Korn and blueberries by the handful as I was sewing, it is a miracle that I did not get sick and was able to eat any dinner. I absolutely love zucchini and next year there will definitely be zucchini growing SOMEWHERE in my yard, who cares if I have it coming out of my ears by the end of the season.

On that note, I did say I was going to post a link in this entry...good practice. My very favorite recipe site (and favorite magazine) is Cooking Light. Currently they are featuring a whole slue of zucchini recipes and now I just have to figure out which one I want to make...and keep enough plain for Moira (my baby girl) to have her first taste of the summer goodness.

That was easy...

1 comment:

  1. Ok...wow.. I'm here, and what a project THAT was. This is really quite impressive, both your Blog and the amazing job you did on the front porch. It looks awesome! This new blog looks like it will be lots of fun. You have many amazing talents. Hmmmmm.... I wonder where that came from. This is so nice, keep up the good work. I will be checking in often.

    ReplyDelete