Pages

6.04.2011

Fun with Onsies

Monday I will be 39 weeks and once again, I have much baby on the brain.  I am even dreaming about giving birth...or falling asleep during labor and waking up to a new baby.  Could that ever even happen?  It did in my dream last night!  Needless to say, I am ready.  Come on baby!  Let's go!!!

For the second time, Steve and I don't know if we are having a boy or a girl.  It is all very exciting.  The mystery, the wonder, the predictions you hear from complete strangers and the reasons behind it--you're carrying low, you're carrying up front, you had heartburn, you had morning sickness, you have nice hair, you aren't breaking out, you crave chocolate, you don't eat your vegetables, you blah, blah, blah...

The downside?  You have to have all "gender neutral" things.  No bruiser blue or princess pink here.  That will all come after.  In the meantime, we have to rely on the yellows and greens that retailers offer.  OR...

make our own fun baby onsies...


which I did...


With some colored felt and no-sew Heat n' Bond ironed together...


I traced some fun pictures...


Cut them out...


Ironed them on...


And finished some with Sharpie.

We are even prepared to be festive for Independence Day!


And what is a baseball season without...


You bet!

Even though it feels like the end is not nearly near enough, soon we will meet this baby and see if there has been a little man or lady pummeling me these past months.  The rest of me is ready to get this show on the road so, again, I can enjoy:

  • A Sahlen's hot dog (I love these Buffalo-made hot dogs and my last one was in October);
  • A full cup of coffee (I end up dumping everything after the first 2 sips down the drain because it just doesn't do it for me);
  • A turkey sub (or any other deli meat...another thing taken for granted when you can eat it whenever you want);
  • Sushi (love my raw fish);
  • An ice cold beer (probably a Sam Adams Summer Ale, with my husband, on my back deck on a nice hot day);
  • A 5 mile run (I think I may already have my next half-marathon picked out...ichin' to get back in those running shoes);
  • Touching my toes (goes along with running, I can't wait to be able to stretch and bend like the good ol' days).
:)
Anne

Weekend Bloggy Reading

3 comments:

  1. I hope that baby doesn't pee on your carpet! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable adorable! So creative, and these will be sentimental keepsakes for a long time. Thanks for sharing!

    Visiting from Serenity Now

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love for you to link it up to my party that is running now. Any linky goes.

    http://bacontimewiththehungryhypo.blogspot.com/2011/06/any-link-goes-party-running-now-summer.html

    Come strut your stuff.

    ReplyDelete